Nam Seoul Annex Building of Seoul Museum of Art
Nam Seoul Annex Building of Seoul Museum of Art
Opening hours 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Tue~Sun
Tel 82- 2 - 598 - 6247
URL sema.seoul.go.kr
Space Type Museum
Member artists
Location Map
Introduction It used to be the Belgium Embassy to Daehan Empire (1897 ~ 1910). It used to be located in Heohyun-dong where hanoks (the traditional Korean house) were concentrated, the building was constructed in 1905 with one floor on the basement and two floors on the ground. However, the building was moved to the current location of Namhyeon-dong in 1983 due to the urban redevelopment project. When the building was moved, it was restored with the help of the officials of the Cultural Property Management Office. The building was disposed of to the National Bank of Commerce (currently Woori Bank) in 1970. In May 2004, Woori Bank leased the building to Seoul City free of charge as a part of its support for culture and arts. Seoul City renovated the building into a public museum and opened Annex building of 'Seoul Museum of Art' in September 2004 to meet the cultural and artistic needs of the citizens.
제목 작성일
1rd Yebo digital exhibition 2007.05.01~2007.05.01
전국지도 보기
Quick Page Up